Dreams

In unit 3 for my Who am I? class, I learned about dreams and the meanings behind dreams. We were exploring different ways to look at dreams and interpret them. For my third, and final action project we were instructed to build our own dream catcher. I liked being able to customize my own dreamcatcher to whatever I wanted. I wanted to incorporate different aspects of my athletic career and dreams. I had never built a dream catcher before. At first I had a really hard time figuring out what I wanted to represent. I was also worried that I would not do it well enough. I was happy with the outcome of my dreamcatcher.
(PVU, 2016, Dreamcatcher)
In the center of my dream catcher I have a necklace piece that I wear to this day. Whenever I had that bracelet on me I knew I could do anything. My life motto is “don’t give up anything is possible and I can do anything.” Whenever I wore the necklace it gave me dreams and visions of my future. For some reason when I would take it off I could never get those dreams. I think that it has to with some psychological part of my thinking. I always believe that I can see my dreams and visions through the necklace and charm. The reason why I want the charm in the middle of my dream catcher is to broadcast the future for me. With the charm in the middle I feel safe and sound that I know my future will be shown to me, through a dream. While I sleep at night I know I will see many different dreams about my future. I chose the colors of white and blue. The white symbolizes many different things that I can get distracted or hold me back from what I want to accomplish like haters or jealous people. White also represents the colors of the country I represent in sports. The blue symbolizes the confidence I have, the success, the glory, and the accomplishment’. Blue is also another color of the country I represent. Most of those colors contribute to my dream. I chose to do a very simple dream catcher because I have a very simple dream and vision. I am not the kind of person to make things all complicated. I also attached red strings to the bottom to represent the final color of the country I represent, but also the importance of belief in you. Red is the color that I use to boost myself up when I’m down.
(PVU, 2016, Dreamcatcher)
There was one dream that I really haven't forgotten about. I was at a very important tournament and I was an underdog and I really felt scared and alone, but having this charm really helped me. I was not sure the charm would actually work but it did. I had a dream and a vision that I was going to make the final and come up as the underdog and that’s exactly what happened. I learned that sometimes when you believe one thing super, super hard it could drive you to accomplish what you believe in. The dream catcher was built to steer bad dreams and visions away and to only let good ones through. The charm is to make the good dreams and visions come true. My dreamcatcher represents the ego and superego. My dream catcher shows my self-importance and the principle of sticking with one thing I was taught. If I had not used my bracelet as a charm, I don’t think I would have the confidence to perform like I do. If I had known this bracelet was going to bring me good luck, I would have gotten a couple for when it brakes.
(PVU, 2016, Dreamcatcher)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Need A Doctor

Stopping HIV and AIDS

Climate in Budapest