I Need A Doctor

For this last unit, Prevention in our STEAM class Cure, we studied how different diseases can be prevented. We also looked at how we measure risk for certain types of illnesses based on different categories. Lifestyle, physical exercise genetics, and diet, are some of the factors that we looked at. We created a family medical tree. We were able to look at the family members and see how likely it would be for the disease to be passed on. For this Action Project, we played the role of a doctor. We would go through the patient’s medical profile and help them treat an illness or disease. I chose to do my grandmother because she is one of the most influential and important people to me. I really struggled to gather my information from my grandmother because there is a language barrier. I was able to overcome the barrier by writing down any words I did not understand and looked them up on the Hungarian dictionary. I hope you enjoy!



Mark Hoffman. The Cancer Association. (2015)

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed reading this. I did not know that soy impacted hormones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping HIV and AIDS

Climate in Budapest