Don't Ever Give Up!

In my second united of Stories, we studied fables and allegories. We looked at various different types of fables and discussed them in length. Later in our unit, we watched a movie called Endgame by Samuel Beckett. We observed which characters from the play were dynamic, static, flat, protagonist, antagonist, and that shared a lesson. My favorite part of this unit was analyzing fables that I never really got the point of. I did not like creating my own because I am particularly bad at creating stories.

Once upon a time, there was a forest where a pack of dogs lived. In the forest, everything was great except the truth. There lived a pack of dogs and these dogs were amazing dogs. One day a dog was born, Brian was his name. Brian was the runt of the litter and was often mistreated. He was excluded from many activities and events that his siblings participated in. Brian felt like he needed to prove himself to his siblings, but he was too afraid to ask. Brian spent several days thinking on how he could prove himself. Days went by, weeks turned into months, and months turned into years. One day Brian finally got it. “Finally,” he said, “I finally have a plan! I shall do whatever my siblings ask of me, and I will do it with great success!” Brian had thought that this would give his siblings a reason to accept him.
PVU. (October 23rd, 2016) Den.
Brian went to his friend before he asked his siblings for the challenge. His friend Albert was this old dog that knew everything and was the wisest dog of all the land. Brian went to him and they talked for several hours, Albert had told him you should not do this to get acceptance. Brian kept repeating one statement to Albert, “I will be finally accepted by my own family! Albert, can't you see that I just want to be accepted?” Albert replied as if he was hurt by Brian questions. “Of course I see that you want to be happy, but Brian you have to realize this is the wrong approach.” Albert gave Brian a locket that his dad gave him when he did the same thing to chase acceptance. Brian left because he was really mad at Brian for what he said. Brian didn't understand why Albert said all those things. Brian was not going to listen to Albert because he thought what he was saying was not helpful.

Brian then went to his siblings and started talking to them. His siblings kept telling him that they don’t want anything to do with him. Brian then asked if he could join them in anything. The siblings looked at each other and laughed as if what Brian asked was a joke. Brian looked at them and said, “I will do anything you guys want!” His siblings said ok fine, they found things for him to do. His siblings had five tasks that he was instructed to do. His siblings told him that his first task was to build a den by himself. Brian said, “of course I will do that! It will be easy!” His siblings chuckled and laughed at him. Brian had no idea that it was going to be a really hard task. Brian went on his way collected sticks and rocks. He then brought everything that he collected and starting building the den. Later on, that day he had finished building the den. His siblings were amazed; they asked him how he did do that so fast. They had been working on it for days on end.

PVU. (October 23rd, 2016) Den 
Brian then asked his siblings what was his second task. The siblings told him that he was to bring each one of the siblings a rabbit to eat for dinner. Brian thought to himself, how am I going to do that? I have never killed any animal before. Brian said to himself I would not stop until I get what I want. I will never give up! As Brian kept that in the back of his head, he then went out and killed a rabbit for each one of his siblings. He brought it them and they were amazed yet again! They said how are you able to do that? Brian simply said I was just determined. The siblings said screw the last three tasks! You're in! Brian went back to Albert and told him what happened and Albert said: “I’m glad it worked out did you learn something?” Brian respond saying yes, of course, don’t’ give up because anything is possible. Brian told Albert that he was a good guy. Albert told him to thank you, but your siblings are not good role models. Brian said see you soon and left.

"Never give up and everything is possible"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Need A Doctor

Stopping HIV and AIDS

Climate in Budapest