Peasant Bread


In my last STEAM course of my freshman year food, we learned about leavening agents and what is the best for bread. For this AP, the class was told to bake three different types of breads using three different leavening agents. Two of the breads were to be made with biological leavening agents, yeast and sourdough, and the third bread was made with a chemical leavening agent, baking soda. We learned about fractions when it comes to cooking, solving proportions, and how to convert recipes. We learned how to solve logarithms and how to find the pH of anything. The group I was in was the chemical group. The chemical leavening agent was baking soda. I liked this project overall. I think there were some flaws, but bread we baked was really good. I think that everything I learned from this action project I will be able to take into the real world. When I am on my own, I will need to learn how to do all of this by myself. This action project didn’t just help me in academics, but also it helped me build life skills.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Need A Doctor

Stopping HIV and AIDS

Climate in Budapest