Foster The People

In my first class for Humanities, called Forbidden Books. We studied religions and how they take part in our daily lives. In this unit, we are studying Dogma. Dogma is a set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true. Dogma says you have to follow only one rule, but some people disagree with only believing in one thing. In my opinion I think we should be allowed to see different views and religions. For this Action Project, we had to find a movie, book, video, or song that was banned for religious or context reasons. The song I choose was Pumped up Kicks by Foster the People. We were instructed to make a powerpoint about why the song was banned. I found out why Pumped up Kicks was banned. The reason for it was due to the questionable lyrics thought the song. I found the banning process very interesting. The hardest part of the AP was to research the lyrics and analyzing. I was able to get through analyzing the lyrics by listening to the song and write down what I hear. I thought the best part of the AP was just exploring the banning process and learning about which songs were banned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Need A Doctor

Stopping HIV and AIDS

Climate in Budapest